When Atomic introduced this ski last season, there were plenty of people at evo who scoffed at the notion of a skinny Bent Chetler. “Who needs it?” was a common refrain. Well, we’ve changed our minds, and WE need it. The Atomic Bent Chetler 100 Skis aren’t really trying to be a carver ski masquerading as an “all-mountain” ride, though they can perform a clean turn on groomed as well as most. What they are is a ton of fun in a narrower package that doesn’t burden you with pow day width when it hasn’t snowed in a couple weeks. Light on the feet, playful and with plenty under the hood when you need it, the Chetler 100 actually kills it in just about any conditions, and does so without excess baggage. Check a pair out, we think you’ll agree.
Atomic Bent Chetler 100 with Atomic Warden 11 Binding
- Powder Rocker – 20% Tip Rocker / 70% Camber / 10% Tail Rocker
- HRZN Tech Tip and Tail – HRZN Tech adds 10% more surface area at your ski tips and allows your tails to break out of a carve at a moment’s notice.
- Light Woodcore – Made from poplar wood, this core optimizes the ski’s weight without sacrificing any shock absorption or stability.
- Structured Topsheet – A structured topsheet massively increases durability and gives a high quality finish.
- Full Sidewall – Runs across the full length of the ski for precise steering.
- Atomic Base – Atomic uses high-density sintered bases that are fast on any snow, can stand up to anything, and are easy to maintain.
- Atomic Edges – Atomic edges are made from steel five times more wear resistant than standard steel, for strength and perfect grip.